Paris St Germain isn’t close to reaching a deal with Barcelona which could take Neymar straight back to the Spanish winners as the Catalans haven’t met the club’s asking price to Brazil ahead, PSG’s athletic director Leonardo stated on Friday.
“The very first time we obtained a proposition from Barcelona to get Neymar was on August 27. They haven’t yet given an offer that has met our requirements,” Leonardo said.
“PSG’s standing on Neymar has always been obvious: if a decent offer arrives afterward, he can leave, but that isn’t the situation. The discussions haven’t broken down, but there is no arrangement for today since our needs haven’t been met.”
Leonardo didn’t conceal the reality that Neymar is eager to move from PSG but stated his shocking price tag didn’t help the Brazilian’s position.
“Neymar has ever made it very clear he would like to leave, but nobody has sufficient cash to purchase him. And when an offer does not arrive that we believe well worth it, he’ll remain,” he added.
“He is an outstanding player, but his connection with the club is not the best right now.”
Barca coach Ernesto Valverde stated earlier on Friday that he’d grown tired of their discussions over Neymar and might be thankful once the transfer window shut.
“I’m excited about this day — September two — so we could get some rest in the last and understand what we need for the season since it’s gone on too long,” Valverde said before Saturday’s La Liga match at Osasuna.
“Neymar is a PSG participant, and we admire all of our opponents, but I reiterate that I am anticipating this end once and for all.”
Valverde was subsequently asked to speed from 10 how exhausted he was using the transfer speculation surrounding Neymar and stated: “Approximately two and a half”