Last updated on February 5, 2020
Japan has quarantined a cruise ship carrying 3,500 individuals and was analyzing passengers for its new coronavirus on Tuesday following a passenger that left in Hong Kong tested positive for the virus.
The move comes following an 80-year-old passenger that disembarked on January 25 at Hong Kong tested positive for the lethal virus.
Japan’s top government spokesman Yoshihide Suga stated on Monday the Japanese government would quarantine the boat, which came at Yokohama Bay a day earlier than initially intended.
A female in her twenties who had been sailing along with her mum on the boat told private broadcaster TBS on Tuesday that passengers” were requested to remain in their rooms to await virus evaluations”.
She said they were waiting within their room because Monday and had no clue of when they’d be analyzed as of early Tuesday.
The cruise boat has been quarantined after, on Saturday in a vent in Naha at Japan’s southernmost prefecture of Okinawa.
However, another quarantine was organised following the guy who disembarked in Hong Kong was discovered to be infected.
Since Saturday, Japan was barring foreign nationals that were to Hubei lately, in addition to holders of Chinese passports issued in Hubei. Arrivals displaying symptoms of this new virus may also be refused entrance.
A total of eight foreigners are barred from entering this much, Suga stated on Monday.
Japan has flown over 500 citizens from Wuhan, the epicenter of this coronavirus.