Developed by R Actual Agro Specialities and dispersed from the House Of Spices (India), the item was analyzed by the FDA via a certified lab and found positive for salmonella.
The remembered MDH sambhar masala was dispersed in northern California retail shops, House Of Spices (India) said in a statement.
Consumption of food contaminated with salmonella may lead to salmonellosis, among the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses.
The most typical signs of salmonellosis are diarrohea, abdominal cramps, and fever in 12 to 72 hours after ingesting the contaminated product.
Most men and women recover without treatment. In some men, but the diarrohea might be so intense that the individual needs hospitalisation.
Older adults, infants, and individuals with weakened immune systems are more likely to develop acute symptoms.
The recall was initiated after it the FDA found that the salmonella contaminated goods were dispersed.
“Consumers who have bought the MDH SAMBHAR MASALA, 3.5 oz (100g) are urged to return them into the location of purchase for a complete refund,” House Of Spices stated in the announcement issued weekly.