At least 18 people are killed and 57 injured, including some pupils, at a suicide attack in Afghanistan’s capital, the interior ministry said.
The explosion struck out an education center in a heavily populated area of western Kabul, Dasht-e-Barchi, on Saturday.
Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian explained that the offender was attempting to go into the center when he was halted by security guards.
Based on Arian, the number of deaths may grow further as relatives of victims of the suicide bombing are still searching through the many hospitals in town where the injured have already been accepted.
The Islamic State militant group (IS) stated on social websites which it had been accountable for the assault but didn’t supply any proof to support that claim.
The Taliban refused any link with the assault, according to AP.
An IS affiliate claimed responsibility for a similar suicide attack with an education center in August 2018, where 34 students were murdered.
Hundreds of Sikhs and Hindus in Afghanistan fled the country in September following a gunman faithful to IS murdered 25 members of their slumping community in an assault in their shared place of worship in Kabul.
The US signed a peace agreement with the Taliban in February, starting up a route toward withdrawing American troops from the battle – US officials said the agreement would also help refocus security efforts on battling IS.
There’s been an upsurge in violence between Taliban and Afghan forces in the nation lately, even as agents in the two warring sides begin their peace talks in Doha to terminate the decades-long warfare in Afghanistan.