Coffee is one of the popular drinks worldwide.
Your love for coffee will increase after knowing its health benefits. Its high loaded antioxidant properties make it a nutrient rich beverage.
It has been proven by studies that people drinking coffee are less prone to a number of health issues.
So next time if any coffee-hater comes in between you and your favourite drink, you can boast of its benefits with full confidence.
Here we are going to take you through some of scientific reasons for taking coffee in moderation.
13 Benefits of Coffee Based on Science:
- Coffee improves Energy Level – As you know coffee contains caffeine, do you also know that is the worlds’ most commonly consumed psychoactive substance? Yes, caffeine helps increasing your energy and makes you feel less tired.
Via you bloodstream, coffee reaches your brain where caffeine blocks the inhibitory neurotransmitter adenosine. This leads to increased releasing of neurons of other neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine which keeps you energetic for a longer period.
- Makes You Smarter – Various studies performed in humans show that coffee helps n improving different aspects of brain function — including memory, temperament, observance, reaction times and general mental function.
- It’s a nutrient loaded drink – Not only coffee beans, the final coffee drink in your cup is rich in as many nutrients as – riboflavin (vitamin B2), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), manganese and potassium, magnesium and niacin (vitamin B3).
- May Help Lowering Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – Type 2 diabetes is one of major health issues of the present time.
Coffee has been observed to show positive effects on people for reducing the risk of this disease. This has been supported equally by studies where people drinking coffee have shown 67% lower risk.
- Coffee helps in Burning Fat – Coffee is a natural substance helpful in burning fat and for this reason it is mixed in many fat burning supplements available in market.
Caffeine helps in increasing your metabolism rate by 3-11% as proven by studies. Increased metabolism helps in burning calories.
- Coffee may Prove Beneficial in Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia – Alzheimer’s disease is the most common neurodegenerative disease and the leading cause of dementia globally and unfortunately there is no cure at present.
However, there are few things you can do to prevent the disease. This includes the general healthy habits like eating good nutrients and exercising.
In addition to this, drinking coffee may prove really effective. Studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Coffee May Safeguard Your Liver – With more access to junk food and easy life style, there are increased number of fatty lever cases in the present generation. Liver may also be effected by diseases like hepatitis, cirrhosis etc.
Drinking coffee can be of help here to reduce the risk of liver cirrhosis. Studies have shown that people who drink 4 or more cups of coffee have 80% lower risk of this disease.
- Coffee lifts your Mood and Fights Depression – Depression is a mental disorder increasing at an alarming rate. Study conducted showed that coffee helps you stay positive. As per the result, people who drank 4 or more cups per day were 53% less likely to die by suicide.
- Coffee may Lower Risk of Heat Stroke – Researchers found that study participants who consumed 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day were less likely to show the initial signs of heart disease.
- Coffee reduces Your Pain – If you ever feel muscular pain, coffee can help. Two cups of coffee after work out reduces the muscle pain by up to 48% as observed in studies.
- Coffee May Lower Risk of Certain Types of Cancer – Studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 40% lower risk of liver cancer and 15 % lower risk of colorectal cancer.
- Coffee May Help You Live Longer – Coffee protects you from several diseases and thus it may actually help you live longer. In two very large studies, drinking coffee was associated with a 20% reduced risk of death in men and a 26% decreased risk of death in women in between age group of 18-24.
Coffee is an Amazing Source of Antioxidant in Western Food – Coffee is very high in antioxidants. So if you eat a standard western diet, coffee may help you really well.