Former Starbucks Corp chief executive Howard Schultz has plans for a different presidential run, stating he didn’t wish to carve the electorate and assist re-elect U.S. President Donald Trump at 2020, according to a statement on his web page.
The Washington Post reported his drawback before on Friday.
The possible independent candidate had paused his political attempts before this summer on health problems involving a string of back surgeries.
Schultz said it had been harder than anticipated to catch moderate Republicans’ focus and that he didn’t need to risk competing with a moderate Democrat if one acquires the party’s nomination.
Democrats that are working to retake the White House out of Trump had feared that an independent candidate might split the anti-Trump vote at the November 2020 election and pave the way for another term in office to the Republican property developer and former reality tv star.
Schultz has said he is a lifelong Democrat but criticized the party for moving too much left on particular problems and said Americans had become frustrated with all the state’s mainly two-party system.