Last updated on September 25, 2019
Opera singer Placido Domingo, confronting allegations of sexual misconduct, says he’s agreed to finish his career in the Metropolitan Opera in New York.
Over three dozen singers, dancers, musicians, voice instructors, and backstage personnel have stated lately that they had experienced or witnessed improper behavior by Domingo toward girls at different opera houses within the previous 3 decades.
However, the place said in a statement that he wouldn’t look there again.
“The Metropolitan Opera affirms that Placido Domingo has consented to draw from all possible performances at the Met, effective immediately,” read a statement. “The Met and Mr Domingo are in agreement he had to step down”
“As a consequence, I’ve asked to draw and I invite the director of the Met for granting my petition.”
He added that the dress rehearsal for the operation was”my final operation on the Met stage”.
Several other Opera houses in America also have canceled demonstrations by Domingo following the accusations that were reported from the Associated Press last month.
Domingo is now the overall manager of the Los Angeles Opera house, that has stated they will use external counsel to look into the accusations against him farther.